Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My day today

If you've ever wondered why I want to own my own restaurant, you'd have to understand what it's like to work for someone else.

The head chef at my job wanted to serve a special ceviche today. There's a lot of prep work involved in making ceviche and we didn't get our shipment of Chilean sea bass until just before we opened. Ordinarily we'd have one of the line cooks working on getting the prep work done, but it just wasn't possible since we had to get other meals prepared. So I spent the better part of the afternoon cutting up Chilean sea bass and putting together the marinade, which I made with limes and a little bit of pummelo, which is also sometimes called Chinese grapefruit. That's tough on my hands, let me tell you!

I'm hoping that Mike is available later on, but he has to work some really late hours. That's the problem with being a hedge fund manager. The time we have together is pretty special, though....

No comments:

Post a Comment